This Policy may change from time to time and, if it does, the up-to-date version will always be available on our website and becomes effective immediately.
Please take the time to read this Policy, which contains important information about the way in which we process personal data.
We may collect and process information about you through various means, including:
- When you visit any of our websites, and use your account to buy products and services online.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product or service in person or by phone but don’t have an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you communicate with us by email or other electronic correspondence or by telephone
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of us to email you information about a product or service.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about a staff member who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested.
- When you fill in any forms such as returns or a complaint.
- The personal data you give to us may include:
your name and title, contact information, telephone number, postal address and email address, information relating to your location, financial details such as bank account details and details of any relevant sanctions or similar restrictions
- any other personal data we collect (such as the customer reference number which may be assigned to you) in the context of our work for our customers or in the course of operating our business.
- Details of your shopping preferences
- Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest
- Each time you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
Web usage information (e.g. IP address), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform.
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); time on page, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
- We may ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Cookies are small text files that the website sends to your computer or mobile device. There are two types of cookie: session cookies are only used during your visit to the site, and are deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies are temporarily stored on your computer for a set length of time and can be re-used when you return to the site.
The information contained in cookies allow the website to function in a better way, for instance allowing us to recognise your choice of language, so that you don’t need to re-enter this information as you visit different pages within the site.
Data will not be used to identify any user personally.
It is possible to refuse to receive cookies or delete them using your browser settings. If you choose to refuse to accept cookies some aspects of the website won’t function as well.
To learn more about cookies, and how to control them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
This is a list of the cookies that this website uses:
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to respond to any query that you may submit to us
(to manage our relationship with you including by maintaining our database of customers and other third parties for administration, and accounting and relationship management purposes)
- To process any orders that you make by using our website. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- to carry out any relevant customer checks, anti-money laundering and sanctions checks and fulfilling our obligations under any relevant anti-money laundering law or regulation (including under The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017);
- to send you any relevant information on our services and events that may be of interest to you using the email and/or postal address which you have provided, but only if you have given us your consent to do so or we are otherwise able to do so in accordance with applicable European Data Protection Legislation;
- to ensure that our website content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
- to customise our website according to your interests
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey responses
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure
- to ensure we appropriately administer any visits to our premises;
to comply with any other professional, legal and regulatory obligations which apply to us or policies that we have in place
- as we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests.
- to protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We will also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We will do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and through our contact centres about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
- You are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time
- To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest.
- You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time.
To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To display the most interesting content to you on our websites we will use data we hold about your favourite brands or products and so on.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
We will rely on the following legal bases under European Data Protection Legislation for processing your personal data:
- Performance of, or entry into, a contract. The personal data that we are required to collect in order to comply with any other professional, legal and regulatory obligations which apply to us must be provided to us in order for us to perform this contract we would not be able to act for you without this personal data.
- Compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- We have a legitimate interest in doing so as a supplier of goods (and where our legitimate interests are not overridden by your (or the relevant individual) own interests or fundamental rights or freedoms). These legitimate interests will include our interests in managing our relationship with our customers, administering visits to our premises and ascertaining achievement of proper standards/ compliance with policies, practices or procedures.
- Where processing of a special category data’s is necessary in the context of the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- In certain circumstances, where we have obtained your express consent to do so
Ma Belle Maison respect all of our customer’s privacy, and we are very serious to ensure that we protect it. Your information will NEVER be provided to any 3rd parties, we will only ever use your email address to send you updates on your orders or to keep you informed of any offers you may be interested in.
No payment information of yours is stored on our server and all transactions are processed via trusted PCI DSS Complaint 3rd party companies (PayPal)
- We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. All personal information you register on our website will be located behind a firewall. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your data.
- We will keep your information stored on our systems for as long as it takes to provide the services to you and in accordance with our Terms of Business. We may keep your data for longer than our stated retention period if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We may also keep it for research or statistical purposes. If we do, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your privacy and only used for those purposes.
- Any third parties we engage to provide services on our behalf will keep your data stored on their systems for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you.
- We will not store your information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
Where we process your personal data we do so on the basis that you have provided your consent for us to do so for the purposes set out in this Policy when you submitted your personal data to us. You may withdraw your consent to this processing at any time by contacting us at:
by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do withdraw your consent, we may still be able to process some of the data that you have provided to us on other grounds and will notify you of these at such time.
- European Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on our behalf is processing your personal information; what personal information we hold; details of the purposes for the processing of your personal information; and details of any third party with whom your personal information has been shared.
- You can access the personal information we hold on you by contacting us by email or post
- We will ask you to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal information, this is so we can prevent unauthorised access.
- Please note: we will not usually charge a fee for responding to data subject access request; but in the event that an access request is unfounded, excessive or especially repetitive, we may charge a a reasonable fee for meeting that request. Similarly, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with requests for further copies of the same information. (That fee will be based upon the administrative costs of providing the information).
- You have the additional rights to request rectification and erasure of your personal data and to request restriction of, and to otherwise object to, our processing of your personal data and you can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us.
- You will also be entitled to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit that data to another data controller.
We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we’re honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.